Donate Food to Feeding Westchester
We accept individual food donations, food drives, and industry donations!
You are welcome to drop off your non-perishable food donations in the food collection bins located outside our Agency / Volunteer Entrance at 200 Clearbrook Road in Elmsford.
Donations can be dropped off Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
When looking for food to donate, please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Non-perishable items only. Please no fresh produce, prepared foods, refrigerated, or frozen items
- No glass containers
- No pre-opened items
- No items past date printed on label
- Look for labels that list the following:
- Low sodium
- No sugar added
- Reduced sodium
- No salt added
- 100% fruit juice
What is a food drive?
Food drives help Feeding Westchester and our agency partners collect food donations to keep their shelves stocked. Food drives are also a great way to raise awareness about hunger and food insecurity in Westchester County and encourage others to help.
Individuals, schools, community organizations, and businesses can all host food drives on behalf of Feeding Westchester.
How to organize your food drive
Hosting a food drive is simple and only takes a few steps. Here are some helpful things to keep in mind when planning your food drive.
- Decide on your drive: Before you organize a food drive, decide what kind of drive you’d like to host. Check out our list of themes and ideas for inspiration!
- Select dates to begin and end your food drive: Food drives can last however long you’d like, but we recommend running your drive for at least two weeks.
- Register your food drive below!
- Collect the most needed items: Simply share our most-neede