Donate Food to Feeding Westchester
We accept individual food donations, food drives, and industry donations!
You are welcome to drop off your non-perishable food donations in the food collection bins located outside our Agency / Volunteer Entrance at 200 Clearbrook Road in Elmsford.
Donations can be dropped off Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
When looking for food to donate, please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Non-perishable items only. Please no fresh produce, prepared foods, refrigerated, or frozen items
- No glass containers
- No pre-opened items
- No items past date printed on label
- Look for labels that list the following:
- Low sodium
- No sugar added
- Reduced sodium
- No salt added
- 100% fruit juice
What is a food drive?
Food drives help Feeding Westchester and our agency partners collect food donations to keep their shelves stocked. Food drives are also a great way to raise awareness about hunger and food insecurity in Westchester County and encourage others to help.
Individuals, schools, community organizations, and businesses can all host food drives on behalf of Feeding Westchester.
How to organize your food drive
Hosting a food drive is simple and only takes a few steps. Here are some helpful things to keep in mind when planning your food drive.
- Decide on your drive: Before you organize a food drive, decide what kind of drive you’d like to host. Check out our list of themes and ideas for inspiration!
- Select dates to begin and end your food drive: Food drives can last however long you’d like, but we recommend running your drive for at least two weeks.
- Register your food drive below!
- Collect the most needed items: Simply share our most-needed items list with your friends and family along with instructions for dropping off their donations. You can collect food in any box available to you, but Feeding Westchester is also able to provide you with a food collection bin (300 lb. capacity).
- Bins can be picked up Monday – Friday between 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at 200 Clearbrook Road in Elmsford, and must be scheduled. Schedule a collection bin pickup.
- Deliver your donations to Feeding Westchester: Once your collection is over, please drop off your food to Feeding Westchester at 200 Clearbrook Road in Elmsford, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. There is a food collection bin outside of our Volunteer / Agency entrance in which you can drop your collection and drive off. If you will be needing a receipt for your collection, please be sure to schedule your delivery, so that we can arrange to have someone meet you, help you unload and weigh your food drive.
View Our Most-Needed Items / Ver Los Alimentos Mas Necesitados
View Our Most-Needed Holiday Items / Ver Los Alimentos Mas Necesitados Para Los Dias de Fiesta