LEAVE A LEGACY
A bequest – of any size – could be the most important charitable gift you ever make. Show your commitment to feeding Westchester by naming Feeding Westchester in your estate plan. Please consider making Feeding Westchester part of your legacy planning. A simple designation will feed people who are hungry… and help bring an end to hunger in the future.
Benefits to You and Your Family
- Bequests allow you to retain control and use of your assets, so they are an excellent way to make a significant gift without affecting your finances today. You may yield estate tax savings, and you can adjust your bequest if circumstances change.
- You can honor or memorialize a loved one by making a gift in your will.
- Our organization is committed to excellent stewardship of your gift. Your bequest is a sound investment in a healthy future for Westchester.
Sample designation language of bequests to Feeding Westchester:
- A fixed dollar amount: “I give a sum of $____ to Feeding Westchester, 200 Clearbrook Rd, Elmsford, NY 10523.“
- A percentage of your estate: “I give ___% of my estate to Feeding Westchester, 200 Clearbrook Rd, Elmsford, NY 10523.“
Other ways to give:
- Make a gift of retirement assets – designate Feeding Westchester as a beneficiary of an Individual Retirement Account (IRA), 401k or other retirement plans.
- Receive estate tax savings (in most cases)
- Adjust your designation if circumstances change
- Make a gift of life insurance – designate Feeding Westchester as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy. Or irrevocably donate an existing policy you no longer need, which may provide you with an immediate charitable income tax deduction.
This information is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. For more information about our legacy programs, please contact Feeding Westchester’s Manager of Individual Giving, Jeanne Fogel, at JFogel@FeedingWestchester.org or 914.909.9610